Warranty & Repair
Your LOWA boots are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Your exclusive remedy for breach of such warranty is repair or replacement of your LOWA boots. If your LOWA boots need repair of replacement due to a defect in workmanship or materials, simply return your LOWA boots to your LOWA boots dealer with proof of purchase within 12 months of purchase.
Limitations On Warranty:
The warranty on your LOWA boots is limited to the warranty set forth above. Such warranty does not apply to ordinary wear and tear or to damage resulting from abuse, negligence, improper repairs, inadequate fit, alterations, modifications or if your LOWA boots are used other than in the manner intended.
What Qualifies Under Warranty?
Below are some examples of what is not covered by warranty, but are not limited to the following:
- Product with wear holes, snags, worn stitching and worn soles due to normal wear and tear.
- Cuts, abrasions, or damage resulting from accident, neglect or general misuse.
- Improper fit and comfort issues.
- Product past the normal one-year warranty period.
- Damp or wet boots having been rapidly dried near a radiator, fire or direct sunlight.
- Product in which the boots has dried out and begun to disintegrate or change shape over a long period of time (e.g. hydrolysis).
- Use of oils or fats on your boots. We highly recommend the use of LOWA Active Cream products as treatments for your boots. Instructions for maintaining your boot’s best condition can be found on our Boot Care Guide.
- Product in which soles have split or cracked from not being worn and stored for long periods of time (e.g. hydrolysis, you can read about this by clicking here). You can also opt to have your soles replaced at your cost. Find out more about the resoling process and whether your boots qualify by clicking here.
- Boots that are not worn for their intended use.
- Damage caused by chemicals or other foreign body contamination including farm yard waste, acids & petroleum products.
- Items acquired from LOWA from previous warranty claims.
- Product bought from 3rd party marketplaces, or any other reseller not found on the LOWA NZ stores list.
You can read more about how to care for your boots and the process of sole separation (hydrolysis) by visiting our Boot Care Guide.
I believe my LOWA boots are faulty and I’m not sure whether it’s covered by Warranty?
Below are few scenarios that you may be in regarding a warranty.
If my LOWA boots aren't under warranty, can I still have them repaired?
If your boots do not qualify for a warranty repair or replacement, you may have the option of having something repaired at your cost.
For example, hydrolysis is not covered under warranty, but we do offer a resole service so you can have your soles replaced at your cost.
For Boots Purchased From Retailers
If you have purchased your boots from one of our trusted LOWA New Zealand retailers, please head in-store and one of our friendly staff members can help you with a warranty/repair form.
For Boots Purchased Online
If you have purchased your boots from our official LOWA NZ website, please fill out the form below for either a warranty or repair request.